the 12 week scan was in mid october. all was well. we told our friends and the rest of our families. everyone was thrilled for us.
then, we had a routine appointment on 25th november (when i was 17 weeks pregnant) at which we found out the baby had died four weeks earlier.
i'm still trying to assimilate this loss into my reality.
all the facts below are true; but right now, they aren't who i am. right now, i'm a woman who has lost a baby, and has to redefine everything she knows.
- - -
- in my early 30s
- aries; year of the dragon
- live with my partner, D, in striking distance of Newcastle
- 2 sisters: S and N
- love love love nail varnish
- music runs through my veins, even if i don't play anything any more
- i write
i've completed the great north run (and in less than three hours!)
- ex Samaritan
- slowly working towards an ou degree. very slowly.
- love cooking and baking
- other addictions include scrubs, lost, misfits, val mcdermid, and especially nine inch nails (trent reznor is sex on a stick)
- am learning not to hoard
- tidiness still escapes me, though. it's just that one step too far.
- used to be addicted to email and the internet, but i recovered, mostly
- i speak german. used to speak french, italian, portugese, latin, and old english, to varying degrees of success. can't remember much of them any more
- sometimes i don't like capitals. sometimes i do. but i tend to be consistent within posts. so that sort of makes it ok.
- i have an unexplained love for semi colons. i can't explain it, but if i didn't fight the urge, i'd use them in nearly every paragraph.
last updated 1.09am, 12 jan 2010.