Friday, 30 March 2007

mist

It's been misty all week. Not proper fog, but a thin grey mist that's been sitting over everything, murky and cold. I wasn't sure whether or not it was just that the windows in work were really dirty at first. It's never cleared up (at least not while I've been watching) and it's seemed to put a dampener on everything. People have kept their heads down, hurried along to where they're going. It's seemed quiet, even subdued on the streets. Of course it doesn't help that a few weeks ago we were away, enjoying warm sunshine, feeling like summer was only a short way away.

It seems like spring only bothered to turn up, full of promise, to make the weather this week seem even worse.

Update:
It's dark now (10.10pm), but the mist is still hanging on under the streetlights. It's thin, but it's still there. I have to respect its tenacity.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

same here in London. Bit grey, bit drizzly. Nice today thou. I'm actually quite excited about cutting the lawn!

b said...

Thanks for dropping by! Sunny today here too, which is nice cause one of my friends is getting married later :) I know what you mean about cutting the lawn - I really hope it's nice next weekend so I can get the garden sorted.