Thursday, 19 April 2007

Clouds

Wow, I miss four days posting due to a sudden burst of social activity (friends staying, friends visiting, trips to the coast, etc) and loose all my readers. I'll make sure I don't do that again....

I looked up in work today and jumped. Where earlier there had been light cloud and pale blue sky, suddenly there were dark rain clouds. I hadn't looked up for a while and the change really unnerved me. I could see the edge of the cloud in the sky and watched as the blackness moved over the city, edging out the daylight. The rain fell heavily, blurring the view of the hill on the opposite bank, washing away the memories of the sun and warmth of the last few days.

But as I looked more closely, I could see the breaks in the cloud, the blueness above. Through the afternoon, the cloud faded and broke, and while the sun didn't come back out, the sky was brighter.

Nothing lasts forever.


It feels like Friday today. I'm going to be devastated in the morning when I realise it's not Saturday. Bedtime for B, I think.

4 comments:

Anxious said...

You haven't lost me! I've been reading - just don't always have a comment to add.

b said...

Hi anxious :) I had my tongue firmly in my check when I wrote that, but maybe it didn't come across. If the lack of readers or comments really bothered me, I'd just keep to writing myself a private weblog (or even not write at all). I like comments, but I realise sometimes there isn't really anything to say :)

pierre l said...

It will take a lot more than a few days without posting to stop me reading you. I've decided to go and read some old posts...

b said...

I'm surprised when I see how many old posts there are to go back and read :)