Wednesday, 25 April 2007

random

OK, back to Nine Inch Nails, but just for a second, I swear. There are frickin' morse code messages hidden in the music to point to websites. I thought it sounded like morse code and knowing Trent I'm not surprised, but still. Oh My God. Too much spare time on your hands now you're not getting wasted every minute of the day.

Also, Trent. Facade (please imagine the cedilla under the c, OK, i don't know how to find it)? DOES NOT rhyme with God. I don't care what you say. I'm also not convinced by control & full, or, dear god, by Guatemala & and-a. WTF?

However, you know what is cool? The CD changes from being black to being white when it heats up (ie when you play it). Woohoo. Of course, I'm too busy listening to it to have actually seen it yet, but that's not the point, eh?

Anyway. Dropping that topic again.

The oilseed rape is out. Looking out of our office window it's like someone spilled bright yellow paint in patches on the horizon. It surprises me every time.

Someone in a big car, a merc or something, pulled out in front of my bus this morning. The driver had to brake sharply to avoid going into the back of the car. That was all very well, but then the bus driver accelerated towards the car again and breaked even more sharply, throwing everyone forward, then drove bumper-to-bumper with the car in the slow-moving traffic until we reached
a standstill at the traffic lights. Then we heard shouting. I still don't even know whether it was the driver of the bus or the car in front shouting. And in our best English way, everyone on the bus looked around, shocked, and then did nothing. One woman sitting right at the front looked like she was going to investigate, but she just peered around at the driver and then sat down again.

The thing that got me most? Nearly everyone getting off the bus said thank you. I usually say thank you to my bus drivers, but this one scared the bejesus out of me; I didn't.

No comments: