Thursday, 24 May 2007

It's amazing what little things you can notice walking round the city. And what little things you can miss for years.

Phone numbers in Newcastle have been seven digits for as long as I've been living here, and I've lived here on and off for 15 years.



How many times must I have walked past this place in that time? Hundreds, thousands? And I've never noticed til a few days ago that the phone number in the window (above the Magic Box sign) only has five numbers.

It's on a corner, so by the time I get near enough to look I mostly have my head turned to see if any cars are turning into the road. But that's no excuse, really. Sometimes I think I must walk around with my eyes shut.

It's amazing what different things I notice when I have a camera in my hand.

No comments: