Saturday, 5 May 2007

scared

My OU* course starts today.

I'm terribly, terribly scared. Because I have a horrible tendency to start these things in a blaze of glory, only to get bored five minutes in and drop out. Not just 'leave things to the last minute', either. To really die.

My JanNo attempt stalled after all of two weeks. And most of the last week I didn't really do very much. And this is going to take more effort. That was all about just getting words onto the page and not worrying so much about which words they were. I've got a month to get my first assignment done, and then six weeks for the second (and although the first deadline can be extended if necessary, the second one can't, whatever happens).

I'm looking into the possibility of transferring some credit from the bit of university that I did finish to put towards a degree, but I'm not sure yet whether or not that's just a crazy plan. I'm hoping that by the end of this introductory course, I'll know the answer.

* for anyone outside the UK, the Open University is a national university through which you can do distance learning towards degrees.

2 comments:

Anxious said...

Good luck - hope you find the time and energy to stick to it, I'm sure you'll get a great sense of achievement if you do

b said...

thanks anx :)