Sunday, 24 June 2007

Back from Scotland. Wish I was still there, surrounded by friends, alcohol and peace.

Wedding was fantastic. Lovely. Beautiful. Weather couldn't have been much worse, but contrary to expectations it didn't actually affect the celebrations too much. Talked to some members of my group that I didn't really know before, which was really nice. Caught up with a good friend who used to live up here but moved away. Met some new people. Met my friend's mum and dad - I've known her since 1995, I think, but never managed to meet them. Prepared tables for the wedding. Spent 30 minutes speed clearing this morning before we had to leave to get back to Newcastle. Prodded the edge of a gazebo to get rid of the pools of rainwater so they didn't flood through on guest's heads. Collected guests 30 minutes before the ceremony was due to begin to help tie helium balloons to weights in the party room and got back to the venue with minutes to spare.

It was one of the best weddings I've ever been to. Hard work, but well worth it.

5 comments:

loria said...

i love scotland. i can't wait to go back. and to see you!

Alda said...

Sounds lovely. Weddings can be such a joy!!

b said...

It really was fab. Hard work - there weren't many staff to do what needed doing as it's usually a self-catering place, but beautiful.

I wish we could go back and do it all over again :)

Imperatrix said...

Just came to visit. Sounds like a wonderful wedding!

I noticed your "about me" page. I can't get my day started without doing the Sudoku, with my mug of tea at my elbow. i get very grouchy if my routine is disturbed. And I really like NIN (the older stuff was much more layered and complex than the newer stuff, imo).

b said...

Hi imperatrix! thanks for stopping by :)

I still love Sudoku but have also started to develop a love for Killer - Sudoku had got too easy and I find Killer I have to think about more. Stretches the brain cells :)

Yay NIN! Always nice to have people know what I'm talking about, it doesn't happen often in the really real world :) Have you heard the newest album? I had a trauma about it when I first listened... I know, I should have better things to do with my life :)... but really like it now.