Tuesday, 19 June 2007

car parks

It's difficult to know what to think about this.
Basically, there's a big debate going on round here at the mo (well I say round here; more specifically I mean in Gateshead because I haven't heard a single person actually talking about it). It revolves around whether the car park in Gateshead town centre that featured in the film Get Carter should be demolished.

Now, it's a horrible, horrible car park. One of the least delightful of the sights I can see from my office. I'd be glad to see the thing knocked down. Only problem? It's Tesco that want to do the knocking. And destroy the market underneath and build a new big shiny Tesco store. And Tesco aren't exactly my favourite people.

News stories about the above: here (including a piece at the bottom about the market traders) and here.

I'd rather the car park stayed and Tesco went away. But I don't see that happening, unfortunately.

No comments: