Tuesday, 10 July 2007

Glimpses

This was Newcastle, for me, today:
Walking down Gallowgate, an old man walking towards me pushing a bicycle and singing 'Michael row the boat ashore'...

Looking down at the ground as I walk past Grey's Monument and seeing a tiny paper aeroplane, bright white at my feet...

A helicopter hovering overhead as I walk into town to get some cash before meeting up with friends for tea, not moving off til I've settled down to read a magazine as I wait...

Delicious food to go with the great company...

A golden lining meeting the blue sky and grey clouds as I get off the bus and walk home.

It was a good day, all said.

2 comments:

pierre l said...

Hello B. I seem to have been neglecting you recently. I still read every post and the associated comments even if I don't leave comments myself.
That restaurant does sound good. There a couple of branches reasonably near me, so I'll have to give it a try. It is good to read that you had a nice day!

b said...

hi pierre. i haven't been posting that much, so don't worry about not commenting :) i have got over my paranoia there!

It's worth registering on the Wagamama website, they tend to have good deals - like the free wine! - and I've never received much or anything in the way of emails from them :)