Thursday, 2 August 2007

Gannin' haim*

I got a bus home today that I've never used before. I'd been on an overnight and couldn't be bothered to wait for the one that took me closest to mine.

It was a nice bus. New service. Clean and new. But when I pressed the 'stop bus' button to let the driver know that I wanted the next stop, I nearly jumped out of my skin at the loud electronic beep that resulted.

When I got off the bus, the sun was struggling to shine through the misty clouds, but it couldn't break through. There was a chill in the air. It felt like late September.

Don't tell me summer is over already.

Remember the long-haired guy from this post? As I walked past the bus stop where I usually get the bus into town, I saw him. I had to fight an urge to give him a cheery wave. Sleep deprivation does strange things to me.




* Geordie for 'going home'

3 comments:

pierre l said...

If the buzzer is that loud, the driver will be pretty fed up with hearing it all the time. Sorry about your sleep deprivation - you should be able to cure that though.
As it happens, I have long hair and wear a suit most of the time, but I haven't visited your part of the world, so it's not me.

b said...

Yep, I bet for the drivers the noise got old pretty fast.

Would have been VERY strange to find out that it *was* you at the bus stop!!

pierre l said...

Indeed! Actually, I don't travel a lot (and my ISP is from Norfolk, not me), although I went to a book signing in London last night (Gods Behaving Badly). I suspect that here were probably several bloggers there, but I have no idea what most of them look like.
Still if all goes well, we might meet at a Clare book singing in a year or two. That would be nice in many ways.