- get into town
- go to see Interpol at the Academy
- meet up with D's uncle for a quick drink afterwards if possible before he had to catch his metro home
- get into town, go to Academy
- wonder idly why it's taking so long for the support band to come on and why those people just wandered on stage and carried off the guitars
- hear that Carlos D has been taken to hospital and that the gig is off, to be rescheduled at an unknown time
- go for a slightly looooonger drink with D's uncle and some random other people
- turn round after being in a bar for about 45 minutes and realise that a girl sitting at the table nearest us is a girl I shared a house with at uni, that I haven't seen for over ten years, but who I just found and friended on facebook (after weeks of trying to remember her damned surname). Yesterday.
I'm disappointed about the gig, obviously, but I can't say I'm disappointed about how things turned out. I got to meet up with A, D got to catch up with his uncle, and the gig will be rescheduled. Things could be a lot worse.