Sunday, 26 August 2007

So I don't think that most of today technically counts as 'geordie life'. We were in Northumberland, staying at D's parents' place. Last night we played a board game and watched a DVD over a few bottles of wine.

This morning we sat listening to the radio on a swinging seat, reading tabloids I would never buy myself, the only signs of civilisation a derelict farm building and a combine harvester. We ate lunch with some more relatives, sitting out in the sunshine. Stupidly, I didn't realise think about how hot it was getting, so now I have a surburned nose and forehead. That doesn't happen very often.

I would go quietly mad living that far from civilisation, really, but it was a wrench leaving even after only 24 hours there. For the first time, I can imagine why people would want to retire out to the countryside.


PS Does anyone know what's happened to Clare boob pencil? Her site's been down a few days now.

2 comments:

pierre l said...

Hi B. Just a quick reply to the final question. Clare's hosting site has been having networking problems, so she is in a different place for the moment, and can be found at:
http://www.claresudbery.co.uk
There are several new posts, and she is probably feeling lonely since she is hard to find at the moment.

b said...

ooh thanks, that's good to know!