Sunday, 19 August 2007

Sorry about the, err, slight delay in posting. We were on leave and went to visit my family - I had a plan to post from there, but I never got round to it. And then since my leave I've a) had a throat infection and been ill and b) been really sick of the computer.

It's funny. I've been in the thrall of the internet for a long, long time now. It's been rare that I've been off the internet for more than 4 hours at a time - except of course to go asleep. Even on holiday - when we went to Spain earlier this year, I checked my email and bank account daily in the hostel.

And yet, in the last few weeks I've been on the computer less and less. A couple of days I've not even switched it on. I'm not sure what's caused that, but I can't think I should argue. Sometimes I hear about people supposedly addicted to the internet or to their computer and wonder what the difference is between me and them. Maybe it's just that I can manage to hold down a full time job and marriage as well as spending a hell of a long time on the internet.

It's probably nothing I should shout about.

Anyway, I'm mostly feeling better now. I probably won't post quite as frequently as before, but I'll be around more again now, anyway.

2 comments:

pierre l said...

Nice to have you back, B. Just post as often or a seldom as you feel like it. I will just check for new items regularly, and be pleased when I see some. Remember, this is supposed to be fun.

b said...

Thanks pierre. turns out that all i needed was something that i cared enough to blog about. it was really fab to see my friend tonight.