Sunday, 5 August 2007

sunrise

This was the view from my bedroom window, very early this morning.

I had friends round last night, didn't get to bed til late. Woke up at 5am. I was hot, but the air when I leaned out was cool, refreshing. The silence was pure, untainted. A single seagull screamed, and I wondered if the weather was stormy at sea.

Took me an age to get back to sleep afterwards. Still, it was worth it. I rarely get to see sunrise in summer. I'm not an early riser, but mornings like this morning make me wish I was.

2 comments:

pierre l said...

That is indeed a lovely picture, B. I trust you managed to get enough sleep in the end, and that you enjoyed your visitors.

b said...

I got another few hours sleep in the end, thanks :)

I know I've not been posting round here too much recently. That will probably carry on for a few days, but then I'll be back to posting regularly again :)