Saturday, 27 October 2007

what are the odds...

I went to the post office on the main road this morning to pick up a parcel that had been taken there during the week when D and I were at work.

While I was there (D had left early for work) the postman tried to deliver another parcel that was too big for the letterbox. That one has gone back to the depot that's exactly half way to the coast from here. Exactly the opposite direction from work. So I have to either be really early up one morning this week (and still be late into work), or pick it up next Saturday morning when there are constant huge queues.

Aaaaaaargh. Stupid parcels. I don't even know what the blasted thing is.

Still. After that, I went into town to meet up with a couple of people from my course. We had coffee (well, I had tea) at Starbucks. I was amazed how quiet town is at 10.30 on a Saturday morning. I'm never in town that early normally on a Saturday.

It was nice to meet up with them, realise that everyone really is going through the same traumas. I saw people last week at the day school, but that was really heavy so we didn't get much of a chance to chat. It was nice to just sit and chat about it as we watched the world go by.

No comments: