Thursday, 6 December 2007

Cobwebs, music and lights

I didn't really get out at lunchtime today; just over the road to pick up a packet of crisps (I am currently unable to go through a day in work without a packet of Salt and Vinegar Squares). By the time I left the office it was dark and the wind was strong. I made my way to the bus stop slowly, walking against the wind. By the time I got to the bus stop I was smiling. There were a few large drops of rain, stinging hard against my face with the ice on the breeze. Blowing the cobwebs away.

Interpol were fantastic the other night. They seem to have been forgiven by Newcastle for last time. Highlights were Paul going 'That was No I in Threesome... no idea what that was about' and Carlos, the one who was ill so it had to be called off last time, coming up to the mike when they came back for the encores, making the entire place be quiet, and saying 'I feel much better today'. All the vids on YouTube are pretty crappy, luckily for you, so I'll just suggest you go to their website if you've never listened to them before and listen to Evil, Mammoth and maybe NYC. And maybe just all the rest of them too. Fab night. Editors had more energy, but Interpol just have better songs, damn them. Their light show was also fabulous.

I got a t shirt that lists both Newcastle dates, just because it made me laugh.

I picked up a brochure of all the Winter Festival stuff that is going on in Newcatle and Gateshead at the mo at my hairdressers tonight.
Some of it looks fab, so I'll go and test some of it out for you in the next week or two. I'm nothing if not good to you, eh?!

(I finally got around to unpacking tonight. Three nights after I got home. That's how disorganised I am at the mo. I am also in complete denial over Christmas. I have no idea how I'm going to get sorted in time. Oh well!)

No comments: