Sunday, 30 December 2007

Good things from Christmas.

My shiny new Nintendo DS, complete with brain training and sight training. Whenever I've seen the ads for months, now, I've said 'I want one of those... no I don't'. D decided to ignore the rational half of my brain kicking in and just got me one of the damn things to shut me up. I love it. My brain age has dropped from 60 to 24 in 5 days (the ideal is 20). My eyes on the other hand have gone from 'in their 40s' to 34. I fully intend to get both down to 20, even if they don't stay there.

Fudge from the Fudge Kitchen. I just about died of pleasure.

The Post Birthday World by Lionel Shriver. I loved We Need To Talk About Kevin, although 'loved' is possibly a bad word; it's an incredibly disturbing book, and one I had to reread quite slowly. I've not finished The Post Birthday World yet; part of me wants to just sit down and read and read but it's too rich, like the fudge. I have no idea how it can possibly end, but I'm going with it. Even though this is only the second book of hers that I've read, I trust her.

Popcorn. It's the new packaging in Lush's mail order and gift boxes. Genius. I did think about eating it, but apparently the essential oils make it taste bad. Shame.

The use of a car from Christmas Eve til sometime in the next day or two. Not great from an environmental point of view, but it made it a damned sight easier to visit our respective families.

Spending time with D. Impossible to overrate.

Hope you all enjoyed your Christmas.

5 comments:

loria said...

i *love* my ds. even though all I play is Super Mario Bros and Animal Crossing... I should get the brain age games :D

xx

pierre l said...

Hello B. I'm not normally into computer games (too old, too slow...) but the brain thing sounds very interesting. That fudge sounds really nice as well.
Happy new year, and many thanks for all the posts.

b said...

Normally the only computer game I do is spider solitaire. I deleted minesweeper from my computer because it was such a timesuck! THankfully there is a limit to how much time you can spend on the DS games :)

The fudge is heavenly. Expensive but worth it :)

Thanks for the thanks :)

Caroline said...

I thought about eating the popcorn too. Then I put it in the bin in my bedroom and worried that I'd forget where it was from and eat it(!) I just wanted to lick it to see what it tasted like!
x

b said...

I have kept it in the box in case I need packaging :)