Friday, 21 December 2007

stuff to read

So seeing as I have nothing to write about (unless anyone actually wants to hear about the amount of phlegm and snot I'm producing at the minute) I thought I'd link some articles for you to read.

Firstly, no one wants to ban Christmas.

Secondly The Girl talks about consent. Highly recommended.

Thirdly, that myth about reading in the dark making you short sighted is finally debunked, along with some others. I knew four or five (I think I knew the reading in the dark thing was a myth, but I'm not sure) but didn't know about the water thing (...but seeing as my husband lives on four cups of coffee a day and maybe a fruit juice, it doesn't surprise me) and the turkey thing I was marginally surprised about for a millisecond - but being veggie I don't really care.

3 comments:

John said...

Well I am glad I don't have to worry about using my phone in a hospital anymore. Still, society is so set in its ways that even if everyone in the world knew it was almost completely safe to use your phone in a hospital, I would still get frowned at.

Caroline said...

Phlegm and snot are such a welcomed part of Christmas these days. Have a good one honey x

pierre l said...

I hope you are now feeling better.