Monday, 31 December 2007

Things I have done and not done.

Things I have done today:
  • Finished my book. I need to read it again before I can be sure, but the ending is sad.
  • Ordered a taxi to take us to the pub tonight and one to pick us up from my friend's house
  • Swapped a shift around.
  • Ran D a bath. May not sound like much, but it was an apology for leaving the bath taps on 'shower' rather than 'tap' (we have a shower over the bath too; I'm not sure why but D wanted both) as a result of which D sprayed water all round the bathroom. He was not impressed.
  • Done a tiny, tiny amount of work.
  • Brain training on my DS.
  • Received an email from a friend that I very rudely dumped just before our wedding and who I emailed not expecting a response about ten days ago. I am so happy to have heard from her again. I saw her outside a concert in Manchester earlier this year and suddenly realised how much I'd missed her and I'm really glad she replied. I hope she has forgiven me.
Things I have not done today:
  • A proper amount of work
  • Tidied the house
  • Called D's mum (or got him to) to see when we are giving the car back.
  • Texted my friend to say thank you for a favour she did us. On Friday.
  • The first draft of my next Tutor Marked Assignment, due very soon, for which I have an extention for having been ill but that is also getting very close.
I have been off work now for a long time after being ill and on leave. I wanted to have all this stuff done, dammit.

Ah well. At least we have tomorrow, still. I am about to drop my food and drink round at my friend's house for tonight. After that I will have some hours to get some work done. I will do it, I will do it, I will do it....

Happy New Year everyone.

7 comments:

pierre l said...

Thanks for updating us B. Good news about your friend. I shall have a quiet evening at home since my son has gone out. I hope your party goes well, and Happy New Year to you and D.

Imperatrix said...

Happy New Year, b!

The Consort and I have been working on a bottle of wine, so I am feeling rather tipsy right now, but I wish you a very happy start to 2008!

b said...

Happy new year pierre and imperatrix :)

John said...

Ooh, TMA's eh? Are you a fellow OU student then?

Happy New Year :)

b said...

I am indeed :) I'm doing A215 (creative writing; 60 points), which is good but I came to a complete standstill when I went to visit my sister for a weekend, and I've been trying to catch up ever since. I've not know what to write til just now, and then it all came together in my head, so bugger being back to work tomorrow - i'm writing it. What are you doing?

Caroline said...

Happy New Year.

There are a few A215 students floating around (I so want to teach that course instead of E303).

Happy writing honey.
x

b said...

I would have liked having you as a tutor!

A grammar geek course? That is nothing to do with the degree I want, but it sounds interesting :)