Thursday, 1 May 2008

Book Group Summit: Poppy Shakespeare

Monday 19 May, 7-9pm
Book Group Summit: 
Poppy Shakespeare

Clare Allen (Author)
World Headquarters, Curtis Mayfield House, Carliol Square, Newcastle NE1 6UF


For the fourth annual event, we are delighted to welcome Clare Allen, author of this moving and funny account of life with mental illness, which was shortlisted for the Mind Book of the Year Award in 2007. Clare is a survivor of the mental health system and a strong advocate for the rights of mentally ill people. Please read the book in advance. Note: due to high demand and limited space, please book your place(s) by emailing l.sweeney@ippr.org

I've been meaning to read that book for ages. I've just emailed to ask for a place. I hope there are still places available.

(two hundreth post. wow)

5 comments:

Caroline said...

200th post - yay!

I've been meaning to read it/buy it too! One of the books on my wishlist.

x

Jon said...

Congrats you little posting minx! Keep them coming :)

B said...

Thanks both :)

pierre l said...

Congratulations on the 200th post - sorry I failed to notice the footnote.

B said...

Thanks pierre!