Sunday, 15 June 2008

Ho hum. Life goes on. I sent off a story to Mslexia last week and who knows, that may get somewhere. And I have a few other short stories and at least three possible novels on the go. (I really should get on with some of those.)

But for today, I'm continuing a war on the back garden that I started yesterday. (Ours is a shared back garden with the other flat; the woman who lives there seemed to take it quite well that I've destroyed our half, but she also said that at some point she plans to fence it off, so... make what you will of that.) The garden behind ours has a rhus that has decided to take over our garden. I don't like that plan so I spent hours yesterday digging up its roots from under our back lawn. (I even disturbed and subsequently killed a queen bee who I sincerely hope does not have a loyal band of followers who are looking out for me to avenge her death.) If I don't return, you'll know that either the rhus or the bees managed to take their revenge.

Oh, and does anyone have a pneumatic drill I can borrow? I need to break up some concrete. Err, yay!

10 comments:

Mike said...

Actually that sounds like a good basis for a novel. The revenge of the bees... combined with the mysterious harlet next door...
hee, hee...

Mike.

Anonymous said...

I wish I had a drill to lend you. Away with concrete and into letting the rain run away. Go green and write a funny about it all.

Jon said...

Ha, you're going to look just like the girls in the music video! Satisfaction :p

B said...

Hey anon and welcome if you are new. Otherwise, if you are not - you got signed out :) And I should write something about it....

Ha ha jon, that is so funny, that's exactly what I said to the hubby. I will possibly be wearing more effective safety clothes though :)

trousers said...

How on earth can you have a war on a garden when a garden is nothing but an abstract, or the very least highly subjective concept?

Mmmm?

Damn, there I go, getting "garden" confused with "terror" again.

(Just ignore me - I'll be alright, really I will)

B said...

Trousers, I am too tired to figure out the answer to that. Maybe the answer is 'mittens'. I'm not sure why :)

Anonymous said...

How is the 'digging' ?

B said...

Not got anything done since Sunday anon - I had really sore arms Monday, they've gone now but I've been busy. Was hoping to get some done tonight before it rains tomorrow but I feel like sitting still and licking my wounds now. :/

Anonymous said...

Have you dug down to Australia and vanished into surfing and barbies?

B said...

anon, i wish i had! would be more fun than work :)

thanks for prompting me to post again.