Sunday, 27 July 2008

Clubbing take 2

Last week I went out with the intention of going clubbing and didn't make it.

On Friday, I went out with the express intention of not going clubbing, of just going out for a drink. But this time I went.

Confused? I was too.

I went out with M again. Her sisters were out, along with with some of her friends. I knew they were going out for some drinks first and then on to the World Headquarters, but I didn't fancy it. Anyway, I used to go to the Trent House years ago, the sister pub to the World HQ. I loved the Trent House, but I never managed to find the World HQ - something always went wrong when I planned to go there. So I thought that something would go wrong this time.

And it did, kinda. I planned to get the late night bus home, but I managed to miss the one I was going for and M and the rest were going to World HQ. There was an hour before the next bus, so I went in.

It wasn't what I expected at all. Good, but not what I expected. No flashy lights; just orange lights round the edges where the tables are and lights at the bar and the DJ pit. Just loads and loads of people, dancing on a crammed dance floor, and some others sitting round the edges.

We danced for the next 50 minutes, then I made a dash for the next bus - realising in the process that I was rather drunker than I'd thought. Still, I got home safely and managed to make and ate some oven chips before falling into bed just after 3am. D was fast asleep, bless 'im, after a hard night on the playstation.

It was a good night.

No comments: