Thursday, 10 July 2008

Disraeli Avenue

I cannot explain how excited I am about Caroline's limited edition release of Disraeli Avenue without you being able to see me run around in circles and go 'eeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!' a lot. You'll just have to take my word for it.

And the best thing is that once again, all profits go to One in Four. Cas, you are an inspiration.

I wish I could pre-pre order it right now.

But I had to make do with her mentee Rosalind Wyllie's book Everything You Ever Wanted, sold for £10 along with this book of short stories that looks really good (p&p free to the uk). I have a reading pile of approximately 20 books, so I REALLY don't need more, but I couldn't resist. These ones may skip right up the list....

7 comments:

Caroline said...

You are a star!

I really am so excited that DA will be a beautiful bluechrome book. I really am! And I think it's all down to that lovely comment that you put on his blog :)

x

B said...

You are a shinier star :D

Well my comment might possibly have sown seeds of thoughts, but I reckon they were there already, but at the end of the day your book is fantabulous and if it wasn't for that noone would be publishing anything :)

I really, really can't wait for it to be out.

*hugs*

Roz Wyllie said...

Oooooh you know that my novel has Caroline Smailes name on the cover...did she mention that at all???

Hope you enjoy Everything You Ever Wanted - and that it is at least Some of what you may enjoy.

I'm just of Chilli Road me! Isn't the weather tragic!

Roz(s)

B said...

Roz(s), I am really looking forward to reading your book, although rereading my post I didn't sound that enthusiastic did I?! Sorry :) It hasn't turned up yet though! Get Tonto told!!! :)

Ooooh I used to live just off Chilli Road! Twice in fact; once near Meldon Terrace and once nearer the Coast Road! And yes the weather is rather miserable, though with flashes of sunshine thrown in to keep us hopeful. Not fair is it?!

B said...

Oh and yes - Cas may possibly have mentioned her name being on your book. Once or twice :)

Roz Wyllie said...

aaah...I too once lived on Meldon...then made the giant leap to Second...and now am in the glamorous section (?) up round those Coquets and Lesburys...are you coming to book launch?

Northern Stage on 19th August 5 - 7pm - music and actress readings and stuff!

Get Karolina to drag you along....

Oh and I am very excited about Caroline's Black Boxes also!

Good luck with your writing xxxx

B said...

Well if we are being specific it was 2nd I was on, then Biddlestone. All the best people have lived in Heaton :D

I have put the launch in my diary so yay! I wasn't sure if it was open to all before - I will look forward to it!