Thursday, 24 July 2008

Lucky lucky lucky.

For those who don't read Caroline's comments (and if not why not, eh?!):
I am on such a winning streak.

At the work quiz two weeks ago today (the day before I went to London for the Novel Racers meet), I had two raffle tickets; both won.

Last Saturday, at the barbecue I was at in Blaydon, I had one raffle ticket; it won.

Today I went to the bingo and won twice with a full house and my friend won with 2 lines; we came out with nearly twice as much as we went in with. (We decided the first time we went that we would split all winnings, but this was the first time that was put to the test; my friends were trying not to look too hopeful and were all genuinely excited for me, but they were so pleased when I said I would hold to our agreement and split!)

(On my second full house all my friend were watching my card and knew I was waiting for 18; I'd lost count so when it came up I didn't realise I'd won. They had to tell me to call. Luckily someone else had also called else I would've been too late.)

I am so winning Caroline's book and I am so winning Lucy's. And I am so winning the lottery this weekend too.

I am sooooo excited that I could scream. I had to hug all my friends on the way out.

I think we cracked the staff up, being so excited about our winnings. Anyone would have thought that we'd won hundreds each, not less than twenty quid. It was a fab night.

Edited to add a photo!

Edited again to add: if I win the jackpot on Saturday, the next novel racers meet is on me. If I win a tenner, maybe not......

9 comments:

pierre l said...

Well done B. It's nice to see that you are posting a lot as well.

B said...

thanks pierre! i was just thinking you hadn't commented in a while :)

i am very prolific at the minute, i know. i'm loving it :)

SpiralSkies said...

You're gonna share the lottery winnings with me, right? Oh. Meanie.

B said...

Jenn, the next meet is on me if I win the jackpot.

:D

ChrisH said...

Hi b, I'm just following up from your Novel Racers comment to say thanks for great link to Bookend LLC. Very interesting reading.

B said...

You are welcome chrish!

Megan said...

Congratulations b!
The lottery tonight, then the Orange Prize and then the Booker . . .

Paige said...

Wow! That is a lot of luck you've had! Hope it stays with you...

And if you won the lottery, I'm sure all the novel racers will remind you of your promise!

B said...

Ooooh, Megan, the Booker and the Orange, wouldn't that be fab?

Paige, I just checked my numbers. No lottery win, not even a tenner. :( Oh well, still might have won on the euromillions syndicate in work I suppose :D