Wednesday, 9 July 2008

My youngest sister graduated this weekend.

I am so proud of her. She has worked really hard and deserves success.

It's been difficult for me, though, to be honest. Bringing back memories of my less than illustrious university career. Making me think about what could be called my failures. These days, I choose to see it as having followed a different path. I am happy with where I am at the minute. But it's still hard to remember.

I am hibernating at the minute. I don't have many words coming out. (I liked the way spiralskies said they were fermenting!)

Little posts are filtering out. Nothing big yet. And I am still feeling antisocial. But that will change. I am a social bod, and a wordy one. I can't imagine this phase lasting forever.

4 comments:

peaceableimperatrix said...

My goodness, you make it sound like you burned down the library or something like that.

The Consort advises lots of students, and one thing he says young people (like he's *that* old!) don't hear much is how university won't do you any good if you aren't ready for it, or aren't interested in it.

There are many paths to fulfillment, don't you know.

B said...

No burning down of libraries :) No, I just... didn't do enough work. I wanted to take a year out and my arm was twisted not to. I wish I'd stuck to my guns - if I had, I think I either would have not gone, or I would have got a first.

But the way things worked out... I am happy with the way things are. I love my life and my hubby and if things hadn't turned out how they did, I very much doubt that I would have what I have now and be where I am now. So I'm not really complaining, honest :)

And the path I am on now is a pretty good one. Leading fulfillmentwards :)

loria said...

if you had gone to university we might never have met :)

xx

B said...

Well exactly! all the great people in my life now might not be there if i'd taken a different path. i am happy to be where i am now (... in London!) i wish you were here honey.