Tuesday, 1 July 2008

Today...

I saw a 4x4 that said
'Complete Polish Service'
on the side.

It may have something to do with the fact that there are suddenly lots of Polish supermarkets and restaurants in Newcastle.

Or it may have something to do with the fact that I have a Polish relative.

But I read it as a service for Poles, rather than a polishing service. Y'know, for furniture.

----

Anon, I have not fallen through to Australia, although I can't blame you for thinking that. I am just quiet at the minute. Thinking. I haven't got much in the way of words going on, on any level. I resent having to make small talk in the office. I am not replying to emails - even ones I want to reply to. I'm not talking to people on facebook.

I'll aim to post a few short snippets over the next few weeks. Just to keep me in practice. But I can't promise anything more at the mo.

Let's just hope I get more wordy before the writing course starts up again, eh?

8 comments:

peaceableimperatrix said...

We all need times of quiet. Summer is as good a time as any!

SpiralSkies said...

Nothing wrong with saving our words until they've fermented.

A break is often very nice indeed. See? I said 'nice'. Inspired or what?

Fiona said...

Now you've got me thinking about the Other Side of the Story. I've lost mine. Are you sure they are all first person past? I thought that Jo was third person? I am getting quite anal about all this tense stuff:)

B said...

Hey Fiona. SHIT. I am stupid and you are right. Can we assume that anything I say before 9am is almost certain to be wrong?

I even picked the book off the shelf and looked. There is so no excuse.

*hangs head in abject shame*

Anonymous said...

Hey - that's OK.

Take it all out on the concrete its noisy and theurapetic - me I have just bought a metal detector, (friend lost a ring in the garden).

70 and trying something new - its great - me for Whitley Bay soon.

Good blow of fresh air.

But I am glad you are alive and kicking.

mrs K (who posts as anon as she can't work it out how to otherwise!!)

B said...

*waves at everyone*
Sorry, I was so busy being traumatised by my stupidity last night that I forgot to say hi!

imperatrix, I think I'm usually so talkative that being quiet on ANY level confuses me. Being quiet on all levels... well that's just scary.

Jen, I'm giggling at the thought of fermented words! D'you think they will get me drunk??

Hello Mrs K! If you click on 'Name/URL' you can then just put a name and ignore the URL part.
Thanks for dropping in. It's lovely to get new visitors, especially when I've been so quiet I feel like I don't deserve them! Glad you're still trying new things at 70! I hope I will :)

loria said...

*love and hugs*

B said...

*hugs loria back*