Sunday, 17 August 2008

A bit blue.

Not dark blue. Pale blue. Just a little sad.

My youngest sis and her boyfriend came to visit this weekend. I'd only met him
properly once before, but he's lovely, and the pair of them are so cute together. We went to Tynemouth, to the Priory and to Marshalls for fish and chips. Today we went to the Baltic before they left.

Normally I'm happy about where I live - I love it here and I can't imagine living back where I'm from.

Normally I don't feel like I'm missing out, being so far away from my family.

Right now, though, I do. I wish I could be closer to them all without leaving here.

I need a break. The internet is taking too much time and energy. I need a short holiday from it. Ten days or so. There's nothing wrong; I just need some space.

Hope everyone is doing well out there. See you soon.

7 comments:

pierre l said...

We'll still be here after your break. Please don't force yourself to post when you don't feel like it or don't have time. I'm sure your readers would prefer to have sporadic posts, than to have you stop altogether.
That's the advantage of things ike Google Reader (which you introduced me to); the downside is that I now subscribe to around 200 blogs, spend much of my evenings reading, and never get near catching up.

Cassandra said...

I've got the blues, too. Except, you know, the other way 'round. Isn't the range of human emotion amazing?

I'll be here.

Calistro said...

Enjoy your blog break. Looks like a few of us are having a bit of an off day/week with blogging at the moment. Enjoy 'real' life for a bit :o)

Lane said...

See you soon B. Take all the space you need. Like Pierre L said, Google Reader has many advantages and as soon as I see a new Geordie Life post, I'll be here like a shot:-)
Take care x

Roz Wyllie said...

I blame the weather. If it was sunny you wouldn't be blue.
Anyway - some along to my/our launch party tomorrow and laugh at Caroline's maroon shoes...that'll cheer you up!
xxx

B said...

Thanks everyone. It helps to know that people out there care xx

Kate.Kingsley said...

Enjoy your break, B, look forward to hearing from you when you're back to blogging :-)