Thursday, 21 August 2008

I'm still not really here.

But I just had to drop in and say how much fun I had at Roz and Stephen's launch. As I'm sure everyone is blogland now knows, also there were Nik (and his very lovely boss!), Caroline and Gary Smailes, and my lovely friend V.

I now have another three signed books, another three friends on facebook (hopefully soon to be four), and have even somehow managed to hold onto the memories of the night even through the haze of wine that I ended up inhaling. Damned V making me laugh when I was drinking. I think it was starting on an empty stomach that was my first mistake. And I'm quite surprised that Nik and Christina didn't run away when they had the chance. V and I basically invited ourselves along for tea with them. They had the opportunity to run away when we went to the loo, but didn't. I'm not sure why. I would've.

Anyway. Roz has now been put in charge of planning all launches. If she ever wants to give up writing she'll have a great back-up career as a party planner....

Oh and the books are great too. Watch out for reviews, coming soon!

The other reason I dropped by was to tell my fellow A363-ers that not only is the coursebook now listed on amazon (you didn't hear it from me, OK?), but the course calendar is now available on the OUSA A363 forum. TMA dates! The second one is due in the Friday before Christmas. How sadistic are these people?

Oh well, at least my birthday's clear....

(Give me a few more days. I'm feeling much better now - having such a fab night out Tuesday really helped - but I still need a few more days off.)

2 comments:

watching9987 said...

I tried to run. Christina sat on me. Then you all bullied me by not giving up your brolley's. I nearly drowned. There are some very, very deep puddles on the Bigg Market...

B said...

You did not nearly drown. You nearly melted. That's different! There are some very deep puddles - but we would've pulled you out if you'd fallen in.

We might have laughed though. Just a little bit.