Tuesday, 9 September 2008

Things and stuff

I am loving posting pictures on Newcastle upon Tyne Daily Photo. I wrote a list yesterday of well over a hundred shots that I want to take and post, including various 'themed weeks'. That will keep me going for well over four months.

I told some friends about it yesterday and my parents today. So I guess I'm public now. This blog is one thing; but a high-profile site like that, that is featured on the local BBC site? I kinda want the credit. Don't hate me.

Don't worry. I do still love blogging here, and the other site will never replace this.

Some more news. As of yesterday, I have started a trial period of flexible working (so Cally's comment was pretty close here). Still full time hours, but worked over a nine day fortnight. This gives me one day a fortnight to be at home and write, when it's quiet and peaceful. The first day is this Friday. I am so excited (I am living in a permanent state of excitement right now). It's good to feel that I'm taking a positive step in carving out space for writing.

If you're bored, why not go play with the new widget for Black Boxes? It's just over there to the right *points* and it's tons of fun.

14 comments:

trousers said...

Playing with the Black Boxes widget brought me here :)

Cassandra said...

Just a couple of months after the BBC feature, Chris quit and I took over. It was like he got the recognition and then abandoned it. People still leave comments on his page and stuff, occasionally write comments on posts addressed to him, and I have to admit i'm a little bitter about it.

But then on the hand, i've gotten to know so much more about Newcastle than I think I would had I not taken over, and i've got to "meet" people like you who really care about the city and connecting people thru photographs. I wouldn't trade it for all the publicity in the world. Tho I have to admit, it would be nice.

I think what got in the way for Chris was that he was trying to go pro with his photography and he started his studio. He takes portraits now, and I assume that when you start mixing business with pleasure that going out on grey days to shoot pictures that only 30-40 people will see and maybe one or two will comment on, that some things get pushed to the back burner so long that they are forgotten. (There's another of those really long sentences. Sorry about that.)

Either way, i'm really really glad that you're posting there now.

And that black boxes thingy is addictive. Darn you! :P

Leigh said...

Widget took me to your Tyne Bridge by night picture. Good for you girl. You deserve all the credit you get.

Trixie said...

*waves*

Hi! Another widget player! Oh I know Newcaste area quite well. My ex comes from county durham, and a sort of boyf lives at blyth, up the road! Been up north so many times over the last 13 years I've been living in the UK!

Lane said...

Your excitement can be felt from here:-)

I'm so pleased for you. As Leigh has said - all credit duly deserved:-)

Cathy said...

Congratulations! The widget has jsut directed me here too :)

Lady in red said...

another widget addict, I love photos of interesting places so I shall be sure to take a butchers as soon as I can stop plaing with the black boxes

trousers said...

Widget again! Will read the new post to soak up my disbelief that we have Croatia in dissaray...

trousers said...

Disarray....

B said...

cassandra - i have something i need to speak to you about. will email you tomorrow. it's good :)

thanks leigh :)

hi trixie! nice to see new visitors here! i love the widget :) hope you enjoy the writing and the photos.

lady in red, the widget really is addictive isn't it?!

heee, trousers, you can't spell today! enjoy the new post :)

B said...

Cathy! and lane! i am going blind. *waves* thanks. :o)

HelenMH said...

The wonderful widget brought me here! Hi *waves*

pierre l said...

That widget is indeed excellent; I have been restraining myself so it hasn't brought me here yet (but I come regularly anyhow). Your pictures are great, and it's nice to see you using your real first name in some place.

B said...

Hi Helen! *waves back and grins like a loon*

thanks pierre! Glad you like the pics.