Monday, 13 October 2008

Electricity

The weekend before last, I went to meet the new coursemates in Morpeth for a coffee.

On the way back, my eye was caught by electricity pylons, and suddenly I realised how long it is since I've seen a pylon. Since I've really looked at those huge complicated metal structures and really thought about how immense they are. How scary. Wondered if the cancer link really is true. Thanked my lucky stars that I don't live near any.

I had a whole post planned out in my head. About how you don't miss the things that you saw all the time in childhood until you see them again and realise how long it is since you last looked at one. About how it related to my recent post about belonging and how sometimes it's the little things that you don't even realise that you miss.

The next day we drove to Asda.

There, in the field behind my house, half way between us and the Asda superstore? Much less than a mile as the crow flies?

Electricity pylons.

Please don't put me down for any tests of my observation skills, eh?

2 comments:

Jon said...

I thought you were going to say a discarded can of baked beans (Heinz).

I didn't see pylons coming for a second...but by the sounds of it neither did you.

:p

B said...

Heh :o)

I am stupid at times!