Thursday, 6 November 2008

Loveliness

Yesterday in work it was one of those days.

Nothing went wrong as such, but things just didn't come together and I couldn't get any of my jobs done in one go. I was bobbing round from one thing to the other, driving myself mad.

D usually picks me up at about 5.30pm. At 5.10pm I called him to let him know that I wasn't going to be ready and said I'd get the bus home. I thought I'd be finished just after 6pm and he didn't fancy hanging around in the cold and the dark and damp with fireworks going off all the time.

By the time I got finished it was 6.35pm. By the time I left the building it was 6.40pm - incidentally 40 minutes after I'm supposed to leave. I really didn't fancy standing at the bus stop, waiting God knows how long for a bus, but I comforted myself with the thought of left-over Chinese from the night before.

But when I got outside, there was our little car, D behind the wheel, listening to his new Cure CD (I popped into town to get it for him when it came out about 10 days ago and he hasn't stopped listening to it since) and waiting for me.

He'd been there for an hour.

I nearly died of shock. Then I nearly cried.

If it'd been me, I would've either called to say I was there and find out how long it was going to be, or given up and gone home long before.

I have the best husband in the universe.

11 comments:

pierre l said...

I am glad he is looking after you properly.

JJ said...

Aaaahhhh. That's so sweet. What a lovely husband.

dp said...

Lovely in deed! And chances are that he did it because he feels the same way.

peaceableimperatrix said...

What a sweetie! Hope you gave him a kiss...

B said...

He is utterly fantastic. I spent all that night telling him so. And reheating the leftover Chinese from the night before and doing the washing up :o)

SpiralSkies said...

What a darling! Aw, a nice tale of true lurve to start my Friday. Lovely lovely.

Michelle said...

Awwww.. I thought that story was going to be horrible-bus rant... that is so sweet :)

loria said...

super duper sweet!
i'm really hoping to make it to Newcastle next spring for your anniversary so i can finally meet this star :)

x

Janette Jones said...

Oh he's a keeper! Men can be so sweet (sometimes!)

Deborah Rey said...

May you have many 'loveliests' to come, D.

B said...

I really did luck out when it comes to my hubby :o)

Thanks everyone *blushes*