Friday, 19 December 2008

I've been managing to get to work every day, on time, and I finished everything I could before the christmas holidays (first day off today. it's SUCH a relief). I've managed to post a photo every day on Newcastle Daily Photo (although some have been very late).

I've managed to post all my christmas cards before the second class deadline. I made chocolately and biscuity goodness for work people in lieu of christmas cards. i have christmas presents for (nearly) everyone. We've been eating rather too many veggie burgers and oven chips and not enough fruit and veg, but we haven't had take out more than once in the last 6 weeks or so (and for a long time up [until maybe earlier this year] we had pizza delivered once a week at least).

D and I have been remarkably happy considering all the stressful and busy things that have been happening over the last 2 months or so.

But there's a huge list of things I haven't done. I've barely touched my coursework. I've not been running. In months. I've not transferred some money from a savings account to pay off my credit card. I've not paid a bill. I've not posted something that needs to get into the post today. And this is just scratching the surface.

I need to remember all the things I have managed to do.

I hope everyone has a lovely Christmas. I'll be back sometime in January I think.

Updated to add: 
I have been to the post office
I have transferred the money I needed to transfer
these have been bugging me for a while and i feel better. i feel that maybe everything else is do-able.  we haven't had a break from work since the beginning of August, so I think - I really do think - that I deserved a day off. 
and D's first day off is tomorrow, and i need to remember not to spoil that for him.  I've had a day to chill, and he deserves the same.

(Firefox is annoying me.  It keeps crashing almost immediately on opening. I'm glad I downloaded Safari for no apparent reason a few months back else I'd be stuffed for going on the internet.  I've got IE, but I'd rather not use it if I can help it....)

2 comments:

trousers said...

It's nice to finally leap that particular hurdle of getting things - even small, seemingly inconsequential things - organised, isn't it? And with the more pressing things, it feels really good to get them sorted.

Wishing you and yours a very, VERY Merry Christmas, and many good things in the year to come xx

B said...

Thanks trousers :)
(i will reply to the other post's comments tomorrow)