Monday, 22 December 2008

Run on

I've been running. Twice. In two days. And really enjoyed it.

And now I just read this (and coincidentally, I've read this and this in the last couple of weeks and really enjoyed both). And I remembered what a buzz it was, even though I wasn't really fit enough to do it. Even though it was horrible and torturous, too.

So I just preregistered so I get an email when the ballot opens. I don't want to do it for charity again this time; I love raising money, but it puts so much pressure on to raise a certain amount and to do the race, even if you're not really fit enough. But if I can get my own place, I'll be there like a shot. And if I don't get a place for that? There are other half marathons around. I'll get into one of them.

And I hope they run the North Tyneside 10k again for 2009. I missed the 2008 race for various reasons and 2009 will be the day after my birthday if it happens - but what the hey. I'll just run off my hangover. I've preregistered for the Great Women's Run in Sunderland too, and do you know what? There's a Valentines 10k at Gosforth Park in Newcastle on, you guessed it, Valentines Day. *goes off to register*

I really do seem to have found my mojo again. I've been clearing the house; dealing with things and filing and shredding. I've been running twice. I've baked. I've caught up on sleep owed. I sent an email yesterday that was nearly 6 months late - but who cares, I sent it and it was appreciated. I've been losing my taste for sugary food and craving the healthier stuff. I've not done any coursework yet, but that's coming.

I feel like life is doable again, finally.

I don't have any new year's resolutions yet. But I seem to be starting on them early this year.

(I said I wasn't going to post again before Christmas, didn't I? Ah well. I think this post deserved breaking that resolution!)

(I just read this, too, and it made me cry. David Almond is one of my favourite writers.)

8 comments:

trousers said...

A very heartening post to read, especially since I feel as though I'm starting to find my mojo again too, after quite some time.

Go for it!

loria said...

Resolution #1 - Make sure Loria Comes to the UK! Ahaha!

Ok, maybe that's MY Resolution number 1....

xx

Caroline said...

David Almond is magic.

Glad to hear you so focused.

Merry Christmas honey x

Sarah*G* said...

Just wanted to stop by to say Merry Christmas to you and I hope 2009 proves to be a great one for you!

BeckyG said...

If you happen to find *my* mojo when you're clearing and cleaning, please do send it my way ... not that I think there's much chance of you finding my mojo in your house seeing as I've never been there ... but you never know ... ;oP

Great to hear that you're picking up though, even if I do happen to think that running is stupid behaviour ;oP

pierre l said...

Merry Christmas to you, B. Good to see that you are running again.

Michelle said...

Sounds fantastic. My mojo is still lost, but at least I found my missing Christmas spirit! Merry Christmas :)

B said...

Thank you all for your kind comments and I'm sorry I've taken so long to reply. I'm catching up, slowly, but it's time consuming :)

Becky I'll send you any spare mojo I find lying around :)