Questions taken from Becky. Thanks Becky!
1. What has been your biggest achievement this year?
Getting a distinction in the Open University course. I'm still not sure how I managed it, but I'm really proud of myself.
2. What made you laugh most this year?
Mock the Week. And playing on Wii Fit.
3. What has been your favourite/most listened to piece of music this year?
The Slip by Nine Inch Nails. No contest. And it's a free download, people!
4. What was your best holiday this year?
Three days in Paris, then a trip to a caravan in Maryport. Glorious sunshine and two weeks to relax. It was amazing.
5. What new skill, if any, have you acquired this year?
Poetry! I never expected that.
6. What's your happiest/fondest memory of this year?
There have been quite a few, even though this year has been pretty stressful for large parts. Going to see The Cure in London for our wedding anniversary. Going to Paris and Carlisle. My dad's birthday.
7. What's the best book you've read this year?
Stephen King's On Writing. And Black Boxes by the lovely Caroline.
8. If you could spend next year as a film character, who would that be?
Trinity from the Matrix. COOLEST CHARACTER EVER.
9. What new hobby did you take up/old hobby did you reinstate this year?
I took over the majority of posting to Newcastle Daily Photo. I'm really proud of that and of the good response I've had. And I've rediscovered my love of baking. The respect I get in work is a great side effect :o)
10. What one thing would you really like to do next year?
Write. Move house to somewhere bigger. Make my fortune.
11. What has been your best discovery of this year?
Hovis Seed Sensations Rich and Roasted. I rue the day that someone introduced me to that stuff. Normal bread just isn't good enough any more.
12. What news story of this year has had the biggest impact on you/do you most remember?
The financial stuff. And the fiasco that Newcastle United has turned into.
13. What's the best film you've seen this year? (can be at the cinema or DVD etc)
I'm not sure. Maybe Juno? Oooh maybe Control or Joy Division. They were both excellent, heart-wrenching films.
14. What was your best buy this year?
My exciting black corduroy coat from Per Una at M&S! I also got a great new camera and a netbook but they were presents so don't count.
15. What has been your best day out this year?
Maybe the Blue Reef aquarium. That was fabulous! Also all the meetings with lovely blog-gers - especially at the Novel Racer meet (I don't have enough words to link you all!). I also have met some great people in my tutor group through my course.
16. Is there anywhere you'd like to visit next year?
Anywhere! I'm not fussy :o) Ok then - Holy Island. And my sister on the continent.
17. Name one thing you did this year that you'd like to do again.
Have my sister and her boyfriend to stay!
18. Who gave you the best advice this year?
Caroline. And my mum. And D. And Jen and Becky and all the other people who commented on my first TMA for the course.
19. What new skill would you like to acquire next year?
Improve the photographs. Improve the writing. I don't want to acquire any new skills; I want to concentrate on improving those I have already.
20. What was your favourite TV/radio programme of this year?
Scrubs and 24 - I've only come in on it at season 5 but am loving it, insanity and plot holes and all. The only other thing I really watch consistently is BBC Breakfast News, which helps me get ready for work every day.
Bonus question that I'd like to have been asked: Do you have any regrets? I regret having given up Samaritans. I wish it hadn't come to that. And I hope to go back sometime soon.