Thursday, 22 January 2009

I've considered myself tagged.

Lane has posted the fourth picture in the fourth folder on her computer - it's worth clicking, they are great shots!

The fourth folder in my My Pictures folder is my 2005 folder. So here's the fourth pic in there:






Which didn't strike me as very exciting. It's a photo to demonstrate how flooded the back of our house gets when it rains really hard.



But the fourth picture in the fourth folder in the fourth folder! Now that's more interesting...

This was taken in the Isle of Man.

One of my great aunts, my grandma's sister, lived most of her adult life in the Isle of Man. When her husband died she moved back to England to be nearer her family. But her heart was always out on The Island.

Her husband had been buried (or maybe cremated, I'm not sure) out there. So it was agreed that my aunt's ashes would be taken out to the Island.

I only spent 24 hours there. The tiny plane that flew me out only got to about 15,000 feet before starting its decent. It was a strange journey. But my mum and dad, and my aunt and uncle, took me to different places on the Island. I really enjoyed visiting again.

I flew out on a Wednesday and returned on the Thursday. When I went back to work on the Friday, I felt like I'd had an entire week's leave. The air is different out there.

Until I saw this photo, I'd forgotten how much I wanted to go back.

16 comments:

Leatherdykeuk said...

Fabulous! Chickens!

B said...

i want chickens. so badly. d says i can have them if we get a place with a bigger garden :)

peaceableimperatrix said...

Oh, that *is* a lovely picture (and I love the composition, too!).

Sorry I've been such a bad blog visitor lately. Now that everyone is back in school (universities have uber-long Christmas breaks here), I feel like I have my life back. Aaaaah.

Lane said...

Beautiful photo. It looks an incredibly special place.

And I'd like chickens too!

Michelle said...

Oh it does look pretty..

B said...

Composition? This was back in 2005 when I just thought 'oooh, chickens!' and clicked ;) Glad you like it anyway PI :)

Thanks, Lane. It is. And again - yay chickens!! :)

It really is Michelle!

Troy said...

Hi, I see you too have taken up Lane's photo meme. I've never been to the Isle of Man but it is definitely on my "to do" list. Having read your blog I'm tempted to move it further up the list. Thanks!

Leigh said...

I've seen the Isle of Mann (from a passing ferry), but I guess that doesn't count. Looks like a good place to stop.

B said...

Hi Troy, thanks for popping in! I love the pics of your study and your room at uni :)

Leigh, where was the ferry going from and to? And yes I think everyone should visit. Let me know if you're there at any point :)

Ruby said...

How funny - I have a photo just the same as your top one - of the water in our back yard, to show how deep it gets when it rains loads!!

B said...

It's good to know I'm not the only one Ruby! :)

JafaBrit's Art said...

I love the picture with the chickens, it enhances what your post is about, and it is just beautiful.

Vix said...

well just to be a pest, I really liked the first picture! And what would you do with chickens? Cant imagine your neighbours would be too impressed if you had the rooster as well - which would would need for eggs I think...

B said...

Thanks JafaBrit :)

Vix you are mental but not a pest :) Glad you like the picture! Surely you need NOT to have a rooster? if you have a rooster the eggs will be fertilised and then they will turn into baby chickens, not a tasty fried egg.... mmmmmm, fried egg.... :)

lunarossa said...

Don't remember to have seen this blog of yours before, B.!!! Lovely anyway. Love hens&chickens too. Ciao. Antonella

B said...

bit late, but hi Antonella! Glad you like the pics :)