Sunday, 8 March 2009

Me.

I'm still alive.

I seem to have more followers than I did. I don't understand why, what with me not having updated in about 6 weeks. Ooops.

Someone's off work long-term sick, and the work is falling to me. To make it more interesting, her job currently consists of three half-time jobs, and mine currently consists of one full-time job. So that adds up to 2.5 jobs in 37 hours a week. 0.5 of that is being passed to someone else, but as with anything like that explaining to someone else all the ins and outs of a pretty complicated, exacting service takes time. I'm well aware that TPTB (The Powers That Be) aren't giving me as much work as they normally do, but I've still been feeling ill with the pressure.

There is a Plan. TPTB have a plan, but it won't kick in til April. I'm just very glad that I've got a week's leave coming up soon. I don't know if there's a plan for that week, but that's not my problem. Thank Cheeee-rist.

I'd like to thank Vix for listening to me stress. That's one of the things that's been helping me through.

I'll be posting again soon, hopefully, but probably not regularly for a while. We'll see.

6 comments:

trousers said...

Well I'm pleased to see you post again, but I'm sorry to hear about all the stress. Glad you've got someone who's been there for you to offload to.

Hope you get through all this intact and that you can de-frazzle at the earliest opportunity.

x

Michelle said...

I hope things calm down soon. We'll still be here when they do. Take care.

Vix said...

*boink*

silly non meat sausage

hugs

xxx

Debs said...

You have my sympathies. My workload literally doubled overnight in November and I felt so stressed about it. Now I just do what I can and try not to worry too much about the rest.

SpiralSkies said...

You can only do what you can do... time just isn't as stretchy as we want it to be.

B said...

thanks trousers :) i am so looking forward to my week off!

thanks michelle. it's good to know i still have readers here ;)

heh vix :)

you're right debs, you can only do what you can. it's hard though when you're conscientious isn't it? even more frustratingly, other people are offering to help, but a lot of my stuff is confidential or sensitive so I can't, really. ah well.

jen maybe someone is eating the stretchy time and just leaving us with the non-malleable alternative? no fair!