Sunday, 17 January 2010

we keep playing the lottery.

we didn't. before. years ago, i made a decision to give up playing the national lottery, and play the St Oswald's Hospice lottery instead. on the grounds that this gives a lot more money to charity. on the suspicion that our odds of winning are just about the same. (i've won £10 three times since i made that choice - more than i've ever made from camelot.)

but. since. we feel like the universe owes us. that if we can't have our baby, we deserve a win. somewhere. somehow. and we think that we have to help that along, by buying a ticket.

so far, it hasn't happened.

i'm not optimistic.

6 comments:

B said...

but if anyone wants to cross your fingers for us for wednesday.....

Mosher said...

*crosses fingers*

trousers said...

Oddly, I got my biggest win (still a mere £30, for 4 numbers), after I stopped playing the lottery regularly for a while.

Now that I play more regularly again, I have zero expectation about the prospect of any kind of win.

Still, fingers crossed for you x

Stephen Shieber said...

Keeping the fingers very tightly crossed for you on so many levels xx

Jorgelina said...

I soooooo hate the lottery! I don't play because I know I'll never win. We have a saying "Unlucky in games, lucky in love." I am lucky in love...but for my love to be possible I also need to be lucky at the lottery too! lol

Keeping my fingers cross for you and D!

B said...

Thank you all so much. If I ever win, I'll somehow spread the luck around...

(Jorgelina - I can relate to that. I have an amazing husband, a job I enjoy, a wonderful family - maybe I should leave the lottery wins for people who don't have all that? I'm not sure....)