Friday, 15 January 2010

you're not supposed to lie on your back after the first trimester. it makes the uterus lie on one of your blood vessels and can restrict the flow of blood to your baby.

i tried to avoid lying on my back from about week 10. if i turned over from one side to the other, i got nervous. i didn't like the weight going backwards, even for that fraction of a second.

ironic. that it will never have made a difference to my baby.



every time i lie on my back now - to read in bed, lying on the sofa to watch tv - i remember.

2 comments:

biojen said...

I'm so sorry, I know just what you mean. I was just starting to get uncomfortable laying on my stomach when I lost Aiden. Now every time I do it I feel like I'm being stabbed in the chest. And all those little worries about being pregnant; none of them would have made a damn bit a difference.

B said...

it's not fair is it jen. the simplest thing is a stab in the heart. lying on your back or your front. drinking coffee (or a second or third coffee).

i still can't believe this has happened. it's not fair that it has to happen to any of us.