Tuesday, 27 April 2010

magpies.

(for lis, and anyone else who may be confused by my magpie obsession)

one for sorrow
two for joy
three for a girl
four for a boy
five for silver
six for gold
and seven for a secret
never to be told.

magpies are not the nicest birds. for more information on them see here. (edited to add this link is better)

so i am wishing you all joy. and i hope the pair of magpies brings you luck.

(trousers, erin, jorgelina, stephen, becky, caroline and the other novel racers/ex novel racers and my other lovely readers - i wish you all joy too. please don't think i've forgotten you!)

5 comments:

Caroline said...

Just so you know. I HATE magpies. I actually close my eyes when I see one, then wish I'd looked for his friend. I'm still here x

Stephen Shieber said...

Thanks for the good wishes B and the same back to you! Magpies - blurrggghh, even if the Geordie in me likes them as a local symbol.
Hoping and keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Sxxx

B said...

caroline, i wish you the joy without any of the actual magpies. i hope that works!

stephen - thank you. i know you've been having a bad time too; i hope wishing you joy isn't inappropriate. and again you can have the joy without the magpies if you like!

Jorgelina said...

B, thanks for the good wishes! Just sending some good wishes right back at you! :D

As for magpies, I don't think I've seen any here in Buenos Aires, so for me they mean nothing but a symbol for Newcastle. And even then, I don't think I even saw that many while I was over there! lol

Magpies or no magpies, I wish all the joy in the world to you! *hugs*

B said...

thanks jorgelina. xx