Saturday, 21 August 2010

the greenmarket is going

so, the Greenmarket is going to close in january.

i've got mixed feelings about this. the current greenmarket is pretty dire - it has no heart - but i do miss the old Greenmarket. I never used to buy anything in Dances with Unicorns, but I used to pop in quite often, just to see what was there. (and they always seemed to do a brisk business, so i don't think they minded me browsing!) I did buy plants there fairly often. and it always seemed to be pretty popular.

the current stallholders will be offered pitches in the grainger market. but when the old one closed i'm sure they were offered pitches there then. noone was interested.

i'm sad that it's come to this.

1 comment:

Crystal Jigsaw said...

There's been a lot of sadness with all these cuts, whether the closure is down to that or not, I'm sure it boils down to it somewhere.

CJ xx